Thursday 30 June 2011

New York day 2



So yesterday was my big day meeting with a big agent, who personally inspires me and his agency astonishes me.

He currently reps Miles Aldridge and Greg Kadel. So i am very happy that they have shown interest in my work and given me a positive response. They are keen to rep me but need more work to present to clients, so they have helped me arrange a shoot here in New York. The theme is  "Discovering the Big Apple" .



They want me to do more lifestyle, portrait and reportage style work.  First of all thats where the money is and a certain part of my portfolio  is portraits and lifestyle with emotion and thats what they wanna see ! They loved my Gangster portraits, my parisian boy shoot, my Cape Town car graveyard work and all my parisian rockstar portraits . So now i know what i need to shoot  so i better get stuck in.

They also invited me to a small exhibition that was happening that night, and by looking at my watch realized that it was in 2 hours time... crap. it was a 1 hour trip home to Brooklyn because the first taxi i got into was like getting into a Dubai taxi, it was a indian dude who didnt know where Brooklyn so he kicked me out, the second taxi dude stopped but didnt have a Taxi sign on the car, he quoted me 86 $ back to which i replied " No fucking way , the trip here only cost me 35 $ !! " , so i had to get out that taxi, then the 3rd taxi i jumped in and said Brooklyn and he said " No, sorry im going off duty in 5 min" so finally the 4th taxi i jumped into took me straight home and it only cost 30$ .

I had 5 minutes to get ready, because my itrip Iphone app said my train was leaving in 10 minutes from 36th street and 4th avenue so i ran to the station and made the train by 1 minute as it was fucking spot on time . Thank you Itrip app !

It was at the gallery 518, west 19th street. I met with Marek and his friends and met the crew from Spin Mag, which was awesome because i really want to shoot with them . Marek's friends Jordan and Sun own a leather fashion store called Lost Art  on 509, West 27th street
I will be shooting a portrait of them on Saturday . Then i'm shooting a few portraits of Sabrina's ( Marek's right hand lady ) boyfriend who is a awesome skateboarding . So we heading over to the skate park on Sunday or Monday to shoot a few shots. So 3 shoots in 2 days . Gonna be tough but so so awesome !

















I stayed at the exhibition for around an hour and then left to meet Cedric and Erik for a beer at Freddy's bar, I took the subway to Pacific / Atlantic station thinking that 17th street on 5th avenue was close. My mistake it happened to be 25 plus blocks away. I seriously tried to get a taxi on the way , but they were all full, so ended up walking the entire way. Freddy's has a outside back patio area where you can smoke , so i was happy . I had 2 drinks with the boys and headed home - 15 blocks















And after the 2 beers i was really starving cause i hadn't really eaten all day, so i went on a sandwich mission , ooo and look what i found ! Fucking A class fucking sandwich - 4$ worth of turkey ham inside that sandwich




No comments:

Post a Comment