Wednesday 22 June 2011

FIRST DAY IN Los Angeles !


I was suppose to have left for LA       1 week ago. But because of flight availabiltiy i ended up only leaving yesterday morning. I was actually releaved to be leaving later, because i had so much work that needed to be done and there was no way i was taking fucking Dubai retouching work to LA.  I still ended up working til late Monday night, had 2 hours sleep until 2 am and then woke up to continue working to get all my work done before leaving at 5.30 am for the airport. Last minutes Kennedy thats what they call me !

At 9 am I departed Dubai .. happyness and straight enroute to Los Angeles, California. A 15 hour flight crammed between two people. I can think of funner ( is that actually a word ) things to do. Usually i dont look at the flight times at all while flying and when i think we are almost at our destination i will look. Wow was i mistaken this time, i thought we were almost there and when i checked we had 7 and half hours still to fly. I ended up watching 23 episodes of Scrubs on my Ipad and played Iron Man .

Finally at 2.15 pm LA time ( 1 am Dubai time )  we landed. How refreshing to see adverts with healthy americans on all the ads. I love it . No abayas, dish dashes and thick eye makeup. heaven.
It took around 1 hour to get through passport control. The friendly guy at passport control shat me out because i wrote South African instead of South Africa when it asked what citizenship do i have .
Such a cunt he was . I still think im right. anyway.

As i exited i had my first cigarette since 19 hours before. Then i jumped in a big yellow taxi and started the drive to my hotel in Marina Del Rey. I heard this area is more like a retirement village, i can see it a little, but its cool any way. I walked for about 8 kms around the area, and loving all the cars , the latino gangsters and the huge selection of Reese's peanut butter chocolates ! Killer.

I took a few shots of my hotel area for you to see. Tomorrow is my big day, Im meeting up with 2 agents in the afternoon to show them my portfolio and try and get signed !




 Saw this awesome blue flat backed Chevrolet while walking. In the background is my dodge hotel, i love it .










WATCH THIS VIDEO . I think this guy had a few pitbulls, because 10 minutes later he came cycling by again with a different dog


 My first american police car! Just like in the movies

 The car i wanna buy- its a monster truck on high base wheels and only 14999 $ not bad































The car below is pretty much my dream car ! so awesome !

4 comments:

  1. Your energy amazes me.... Keep it up & can't wait to read more about your LA adventure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fucking awesome babe.... canneeee wait...

    ReplyDelete
  3. too much fun... im starting to get excited he he he

    ReplyDelete