Thursday 30 June 2011

First day in NYC !

 I was flying Delta airways from LA to New York . Because the flight was pretty cheap they made damn sure that they charged an extra 30 $ per suitcase i had. Which was fine as i had shopped so much in LA that i was overweight but luckily the check in dude's girlfriend was from South Africa so he let me slip by without charging me for extra luggage !

Then when i arrived at the bag scanning area they found my newest piece of jewellery... my stylish knuckle busters that is designed to be able to wear 24/7. They wanted to take it away from me but i managed to work my woman charm and they let me through with it . I later found out that its actually illegal for me to wear this in NY as its classified as a weapon. Which is is and thats why i bought it ... in case someone tries to steal my camera .. i can take em out !

As you all know i was in two minds about moving to LA or NYC. LA has the beautiful weather, beaches, cool cars to drive and yeah it was awesome driving through Beverly Hills in a convertible ! After my LA trip ad great meetings i was actually ready to move to LA, But i can honestly say within 5 minutes of being in a taxi from New York airport , i had already decided that NYC was the place that we are going to move to .

 What changed your mind? you ask . Well I am very big on people, light and locations. This is why i loved Paris so much... The people look cool and interesting and the locations are real with and have so much charactor and the light is amazing. So while driving through NYC i saw that NYC has awesome looking people, great locations, convinience and beautiful beautiful light. I was sold.

I also love that you can pay your cab fare with your debit card .. welcome to a first world country !

And the cab has a live google maps system that shows you exactly where you are at all times





 I asked the taxi driver about gangsters in New York and he said there are a few and told me the various locations to find them . Unlike most people i try to find gangsters because i wanna photograph them. He said there are a few in Brooklyn East. And he also said on 12th street between 2nd and 3rd avenue there are tons of biker gangs. i'll see if i have time to visit them














No comments:

Post a Comment