Friday 24 June 2011

DAY 2 in Los Angeles city

You dont realize when you travel to the States that you get so jetlagged and fucked with time.

I was convinced that yesterday was friday, But it was Thursday. I had previously arranged with an agent to meet her on Friday afternoon, so when i phoned her yesterday morning to find out what time to meet , she said tomorrow, which i thought was Saturday, I asked her why she was working ( which must of seemed like a wierd question - why are you working on a Friday ) . Then I thought the car rental dude was conning me out of a day rental . He told me it would be 4 days if i returned on Sunday, and i argued a little and said no... thats 3 days ! I finally accepted the 4 days but still didnt get it. Only later after checking my google calendar did i realize that i was the Monkey ! and it was Thursday !

I thought i was meeting up with a few agents yesterday, but they changed there dates around and im meeting 2 agents today and 2 agents on Monday.

I walked up to Hertz car rental and asked what cars they had available and they only had 2. A mustang Convertible and a SUV. Guess which one i rented. This sexy muscle car is my transport while im in LA, equipped with a rocking sound system. The weather is great so i cruise with the roof off ..im in heaven.


Seeing i had zero to do yesterday workwise, I decided to do a little bit of shopping . Big mistake for my bank account. I went to Santa Monica to this huge open shopping area. I found it really wierd that whatever shop i went into , i was greeted with a huge hello and how are you ? honestly no wonder americans think the french are rude ... because the americans are just incredibly friendly. its almost a bit wierd how friendly they are. I've been invited to a red carpet event, had my acr rental price reduced by 30 dollars,  i have had 10 friendly conversations with random people who have just started talking to me, i have been offered surf lesson by this doped up hippy surfer, i was given a free coupons at a store . i have never experienced such friendliness and openess .



After shopping for around 5 hours i rushed home in a little bit of traffic. Got dressed , and started my drive back to Santa monica to the Shangri-La hotel for drinks with Tara Shakespeare. This hotel is one of the few places in LA that you are allowed to smoke. Unfortunately for smokers, LA is all about where you are not allowed to smoke. You can smoke 20 meters plus away from any door, no smoking in certain roads, no smoking in restaurants, bars or any public area. You may smoke in your house, your car and on the rooftop of the Shangri-la . Funny enough as i was driving towards the bar i saw i sticker on the back of this big old american van, saying kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray ... :(  Whilst in traffic i was listening to the radio and this woman was complaining that she is 21 years old, has 4 children, lost her virginity at 12. Her husband cheats on her every week and he refuses to stop. It was definitely the funniest chat radio i've heard in ages. Well defnitely compared to Dubai radio that blocks out dirty words like "beer" and "pub" . I arrived at the Shangri-la to meet Tara and the security by the bar asked for my ID. I asked them if they thought i was under age for drinking , and they said i looked young ! What an awesome compliment. It made my night! Tara is a awesome british hair and makeup artist based here in Santa  Monica for the last year. She use to be based in Dubai and thats where i know her from .She is doing brillantly here in LA .






























No comments:

Post a Comment