Saturday 25 June 2011

LA day 3


 So yesterday was my big day ! I went to see 2 agents. The first agent was way out in Silverlake , LA. Luckily i decided to leave early because my meeting was at 2pm and i left at 11am. It took me 3 hours to drive there. I drove straight up Santa Monica Boulevard. Yes there was traffic but it was just very far away. The drive was incredible, lots to see and having a convertible made everything awesome. Although by the end of the day i was red from the sun ! I met up with Agent number 1 at a cool coffee shop on W. Sunset Boulevard called Intelligentsia . The meeting went great. She loved me , my work, my positive attitude and my fucking ambition to get the fuck out of Dubai. I will hear back in a few days what there desision is. I think i nailed this on straight on ! On the way back I drove past the massive church of Scientolgy. Its huge and you can see that a lot of money has been used to build the center. Perfect to have the center right in the middle of Beverly Hills where all the rich people live
 Then for Meeting with Agent number 2. I drove out to Westwood to the W Hotel. I was early so had a
lunch at Backyard restaurant. I wasnt that hungry so ordered just a side salad, the waitress explained it was really small and asked if i wanted something else. Luckily thats all i ordered cause it was the size of a main meal salad anywhere else in the world. The states have wierd portion sizes. Everything is really fucking big !
 My meeting with agent number 2 went great. She gave me tons of advice with portfolio layout etc and about the industry in LA. I was super impressed with her professionalism. Being born in South Africa and lived and worked in Dubai so long i feel that i dont have the best experienec when it comes to laying out a portfolio etc. She explained that usually the photographers have there shots in a printed book not a portfolio book with picture slots. She says she sees my potential, she thinks i will do great in LA because i have the right attitude and energy. I just need to re arrange my book and print a few extra shots that she saw on my website but never printed . Her favourite work was my Gangster portraits that i shot in Cape Town. In my book i mainly have fashion work because i havent shot a load of portraits in the past although this is defnitely what i'm interested in and it shows.
 After the meeting i decided to go buy dinner at Whole Foods Market my new favourite supermarket. All organic and healthy foods. Honestly its all about choice and this place has so many options ... for example rice cakes , sugar free, whole wheat, brown rice cakes , white rice rice cakes, gluten free, fat free, chocolate coated, sugar coated .. fucking every option possible and its the same with every product ! Amazing !


After Whole Foods Market i decided to go have a look at Venice Beach and see what the big fuss is about. To be honest cant say it was my favourite spot, its was a little dodgy, loads of acid druggies, hippies and tourists. I just walked for about 5 minutes then decided to go, but not all hope is lost, Im going back there today to see if there is anything else that i like . Here are some pics. I also did video which mark is editing which i will add shortly.  Although i did like the Marijuana Evaluation shop, to evaluate your need for a marijuana card ! Awesome !






No comments:

Post a Comment