Friday 8 July 2011

old hardrives good memories


 I have just arrived back from New York and have been asked to get all my lifestyle and portrait work together for the photographers agency. I have around 12 hardrives with millions of pictures so its been taking some time. While browsing through i have found a few good and bad shoots i have done in the last 8 years. I thought i would upload a few so you can see what i have done in the past.  This shoot was done for a magazine named Adam and Eve mag. It was quite an eventful shoot as it was shot during Ramadan at the George and Dragon Bar in Bur Dubai. It was the first editorial work to be published in Dubai that captured models smoking, drinking booze and even a sexy girl/guy making out session.( i couldn't find this image unfortunately) I use to love shooting for them as i had so much freedom during the shoot. My friend Duane Riley was the stylist and producer of Adam and Eve shoots, he use to be based here in Dubai but unfortunately is now based in Cape Town, South Africa. This was shot around 4-5 years ago and the magazine has recently closed down.




About 4 years ago , I decided to to move to _Paris. I only stayed there for around 6 months and then had to leave because of odd circumstances. While I was there use to walk around the streets of Paris and photograph random stuff i saw. Here are a few shots i took while being toured around Paris by my awesome friend Cedric Benetti, blogger for PaRis2e.








 This was just a random party i went to . Its amazing the people you meet when you travel.

While in Paris i didn't just shoot a bunch of  dogs, sign boards and landscapes. I actually became really interested in shooting musicians. Here below are a few cool shoots that i did




 Here is my first New Years in Paris with Dave and Cedric.






















Round about 2years ago, I got hired to shoot the advertising and backstage on a filmset for Mashreq Bank. I worked for 3 days on this shoot for Team Y&R . This was the shoot where I hooked up with the sexy filmboy, Mark Sherman who later became my husband and father of our son.









I was working with GulfAir at 1 stage creating a stock portfolio of a few of there flight destinations .
It was a sweet deal, they would fly me business class to the destination and all I had to do was photograph the city. I flew to Ireland, London etc It was great fun. Here below are a few shots from ireland



A few years back, while living in Paris I got a call from Stuart Robertson, fashion editor of L'Officiel magazine asking if I would be interested in going to Switzerland for 2 fashion shoots. Hell Yeah, such awesome news ! I took a train to Switzerland and it was the start of definitely my favourite shoot session ever.  We walked through the village of Berne , finding locations for my first shoot, then started planning the second shoot that involved us taking various mountain trains to the top of the jungvrau mountains. The rail trip to the top of the Jungfrau is one of the most breathtaking (and one of the most expensive) in Switzerland. The Jungfrau line, completed in 1912, leads to the highest railway station in Europe at over 11,000 feet, and thats where we went and had to carry all our equipment with us as well. It was seriously an amazing trip that involved a lot of work and a lot of drinking !






























 Here to the left is a test shoot I did with Mikaela Rjikmans. An Awesome family based in Jumierah. During our test shoot on the beach a car arrived with a back horse caravan and out popped 2 beautiful thoroughbred horses. We managed to grab a few shots with Mikaela and the horses before they took both horses to the sea for a cool down session.























I was in Cape Town and had a certain shot that i wanted for my portfolio, it was of a 4 year old holding an american flag in the air and waving it around. Hahahaha this wasn't possible, because that day it was really windy and there was no way of him holding the flag in 1 hand, as he could hardly hold it in 2 hands.
So naturally the wonders of Photoshop came into play. We took the flag off the stick and just had the child swinging the stick around. We then reattached the flag and got the stylist to swing it around in the wind.

I combined the 2 shots and .... Voila !!!  1 cool image















 While in Cape Town I was always on the lookout for new locations or props I could use to make my shots look cooler.  Just down the road from where i was staying i discovered a New York yellow cab. So this is what i shot














  And here are just a few tests I've done in Dubai and Cape Town




























Here are a few beautiful pics of my beautiful boy MOJO, taken in Cape Town, Below he stands with well known South African singer Louise Carver.


 An Advertising shoot i did for Babyshop a while back


a test i shot in Durban, South Africa

This was 1 in 10 shots i did for an exhibition which was held @ Coldroom gallery. The theme was reflections









 One of first couple of shots ever taken. Shot in Paris at age 14 or 15 years old. I still really love this shot , there's just something really strange about the shot

 Above are 2 of 3 images that won the award for best concept in the Lynx awards. I worked with Saatchi advertising agency on these Oil of Olay Proactive campaigns for a cream product that reduces wrinkles. Below is a series of Black and whites taken at my favourite location in Cape Town, Culembourg in the Foreshore. We use to sneak through the gates, photograph quickly and then get out. Unfortunately now they have way more security so entry is almost impossible.






No comments:

Post a Comment