Wednesday 14 April 2010

Big Plans for Candy Kennedy

So once again i have decided to start writing a blog .
Its like Déjà vu ... i sit down with a cup of coffee and start writing , then within 2-3 days i have
so much work that i stop writing and about 2 months later i remember to write again !
It almost seems like my exercise routine !

But this time it's different. I have alot of very exciting things i need to write about .

Firstly in almost 2 months i will be flying to Cape Town, South Africa .. my hometown. 
There will also be around 450 000 foreigners heading to Cape Town round about the same time as me , but for a different reason, the 2010 Soccer World Cup ... definitely something im not interested in. Probably because South Africa's soccer team Bafana Bafana sucks ass and the fact that Iceland beat them in a match the other day has alot to say about there skills and ability. Maybe if i was living in Italy, England or France I would be a bigger fan.

Im heading to Cape Town to photograph my first 2 portrait books. Unfortunately at this moment i cant discuss exactly what im shooting, as we all know how people like to steal ideas. But all i can say is that its gonna blow your mind, as much as its blown mine. South Africa being one of the most beautiful countries, is also the most violent country in the world, this is definitely gonna be a dangerous but extremely exciting and fulfilling project. i have been told by some that I'm mad , crazy or just plain stupid and others have told me that im adventurous and creative and that may well be the 5 best ways to descibe me.

Quoted from a crime statistics and tourist safety report " According to the Foreign Policy's September 2008 Murder Capitol Report, Cape Town is #2 murder capitol of the world. Homicides usually take place in suburban townships rather than in the more upscale urban areas where tourists visit. According to the South African Police Service, most of the Cape Town area’s violent crimes happen between people who know one another..." 

The next 2 months are gonna be hectic with PR planning , organizing book launches, planning the finer details of the project, location permits, sponsorship and protection ;)
Im am planning to exhibit my best shots from my book in various cities around the world such as  Cape Town, Johannesburg, Paris, London, New York, L.A and Dubai

This project has given me a whole new perspective to my life  , and I really dont know why i havent thought of doing this before.

In about 1 month i will be explaining exactly what im shooting and not only will i keep you up-to-date on my experiences but we will be filming the entire experience and posting short video clips on a weekly basis so you can see us getting down and dirty in Cape Town my mothercity.

candy x x x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see your work - your talents are huge, raw, edgy and over-all sexy!

    ReplyDelete